I know I’m not the only Bass angler that has a soft spot for compact Shimano baitcast reels. Fishability, durability, ergonomic, light weight, and performance are what I expect from the Shimano brand when it comes to their high end compact reels. Is the new Aldebaran 50 another legend making its debut this spring? All I know is that I cant wait to find out.
This compact lightweight reel will be available in four models 50/51 (6.5:1 gear ratio ~25.5 IPT) and 50HG/51HG (7.4:1 gear ratio ~29 IPt) and feature the following Shimano design feature sets
- New ‘SilentTune’ – reduction of vibration in the bearing that supports to spool to help enhance reel smoothness
- SVS Infinity brake system – provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force
- X-Ship – bearing supported pinion for gear durability and efficiency
- Stable Spool Design (S3D) – increase reel smoothness and reduces spool vibration.
- Electro-coated magnesium frame with CI4+ material side plates – lets inshore saltwater guys get in on the action too!
- Spool capacity of 115 yards of 20 lb or 90 yards of 40lb test PowerPro braid
- 4.7oz weight!
This performance oriented reel will retail at $419.99
1 thought on “The New Shimano Aldebaran 50 is Coming”
I have one, its the new benchmark for lightweight reels. The competition will have a tough time competing with this little powerhouse.